Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Excuuuuse Me?

Does anyone know who Maria Kang is? Honestly, I didn't know either until I saw "Good Morning America" this morning.

Here's the "skinny":

Maria, a mom of 3 little ones, posted a pic on her Facebook page last year of her post-baby body with the caption, "What's Your Excuse?"

This was supposed to be inspirational. Meaning, she whipped her azz back into shape. Some of us have 0 kids and the only thing we're whipping is the car into a Krispy Kreme drive-thru.

Is that her fault? Heck to the no.

But, for some they want it to be. Cue the March of the Haters. They've labeled her a bully (ha!) and said she's fat-shaming. Fat-shaming!

Excuuuuse me?

How in the *bleep* is it her fault she didn't make excuses for herself?
How in the *bleep* is it her fault she posted a pic on HER Facebook page and the people crying, "Bully!" got offended?
How in the *bleep* is it her fault her kick-azz physique made YOU feel inferior?

Excuuuuse me?

Ladies, ladies, LADIES! This is a girlfriend moment...

We make excuses about a lot of things:

The kiddies take up a lot of my time. There are only so many hours in the day. Everyone in the house (even the gosh-darn goldfish!) is staring up in my eyeballs waiting for me to do the Magic Mommy bit. I work long hours. Finding time for me is like finding a metallic pink unicorn.

All of the above is very, very true. But, you need to draw the line at hatin' on others who find a way to get what they want. And quit making excuses for why you're hatin'!

When you look for excuses, you find 'em. When you look for solutions, guess what? You find 'em.

I don't care what it is, a new job (I'm not qualified). A better man (I don't want to be alone). A new purse (It costs too much). Or, a fit body like Maria (I don't have the time). For the love of Jimmy Choo, stop making up any and every excuse you can think of for not:

Getting what you want
Having what you want
Being what you want

Ain't nobody's fault you're using your couch as Free Parking, but yours.

Ditch the excuses and GO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!





3 comments:

  1. BAM! You said that! I agree, but I am also guilty at times. I use the "I'm not qualified" a lil too often. I am working on that, especially over the last few months. I am with you, GO GET IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I mean really don't we have enough to be upset about it seems the media is really fueling the fire on this one. Oh but that's nothing new is it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I use to have a great relationship with Krispy Kreme. You're right, a lot of people criticized this woman for posting that picture. Personally I thought nothing was wrong with it. But on the other hand, I can understand why some felt offended. At the end of the day, if I popped out three kids under 5. I would post pictures too.

    ReplyDelete