Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Guess Who Moved In?

"Hey, we need a girlfriend moment," my brain says to me in her "I Mean Business" tone.

I groan inwardly. No telling where this is going.

"Chris is moving in."

"Who in the heck is Chris?" I mentally do a head count of all the tenants in the Creative Condo. Chris wasn't one of them.

It was her turn to roll her eyes. "Your blog!" She sucked her teeth at me. "I swear--."

"Waaiit a second," I say, cutting her off. "What do you mean she's moving in? You mean like permanently? Heck no! She signed a 31-day lease. As a matter of fact, she didn't even have a lease before."

"Nope, not anymore. Thanks to you accepting that challenge she says she's not leaving."

"She's not leaving! Who told her--."

"I told her she could stay," she interrupts.

"You told her? All of that grief you gave me for taking the challenge and now you want her to stay? Like, indefinitely?"

"Yup. Funny how the mind works," she says and cracks up laughing.

"Ha, HA," I say sarcastically and roll my eyes so far back in my head I can see Chris pulling out paint swatches.

"Besides, you know you can't lie to me. You know you've been going through Blogger Withdrawal for 4 days now." She chuckles and shakes her head. "I don't know why you thought you'd be able to stop like that."

She's right. She's always right.

"Fine, she can stay, but I'm telling you now--I'm NOT blogging everyday." I defiantly cross my arms. Hmph, take that!

Disregarding me, she continues on. "Oh, and she wants to talk about making changes to the blog."

My eyebrows shoot up to my hairline. "Changes!"

She laughs at me. "Girl, quit playing. I'm going to see if she needs help unpacking."

I yell after her. "Hey...hey! I'm NOT blogging everyday!" I huff. "Coming up in here, being all bossy. Changes? They've lost their minds..." I mumble.

"Less mumbling, more typing," she calls to me.

I ignore her and pull out my notes.


2 comments:

  1. Hey CrystaI,

    I just helped myself to a visit all around your blog and I like it. I like your dialogue and convo style...really unique. Well, I had to put my foot down in my home, too. I'm not blogging everyday (anymore). And you better believe, I'm watching my step after reading "Jump Jump"!

    xoxo

    Carica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and funny post! I tried bogging everyday - it's hard for me because I am a yikkity-yakker. I talk (write) too much and I end up way too obsessive. Good for you Chris - take charge!

    ReplyDelete