Saturday, August 10, 2013

When Effort is the Result

We always tell our ten-year-old if you know you've put everything within your being into something and all you get is average, then hey, that's good. It's better to give your all and get average, then half-ass and be subpar. (At least in my book, it is)

Only because you know you went "all in". If you half-ass, then you don't know what results you really could've had. 

But, everyday can't and won't be an A-game day. As my hubby eloquently put it this morning, "You can't paint a Rembrandt everyday."

Sometimes "all in" still doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies that comes with producing something beyond great. And it's okay. There are times where your effort trumps the result. 

Last night, my brain searched feverishly inside my writer's box for something to post for Day 10, while my computer mocked and harassed me with it's blank screen. But, here we are, words on the page...another day done.

It may not be a Rembrandt kinda day, but even he wasn't Rembrandt everyday.








1 comment:

  1. Great post. Showing up is half the battle, always give your best and let God take care of the results.

    ReplyDelete