Saturday, August 31, 2013

Not "The End"

Yes! Yes! It's done. It's over. It's finally over! YES!!!

*pumps fist in the air...and collapses*

"Wha..." I groggily raise my head to see who's talking. It's her. My brain. What does she want? She's supposed to be face down in the dirt, too. Did she forget we just wobbled across the finish line?

"You know we have to keep going, right?" She says to me. Okay, I know this chick must have forgotten how she was just cursing me out a few days ago for accepting this crazy challenge.

I prop my heavy head up on my elbows to keep it from rolling to the ground. "Did you just say keep going?" She shakes her head in agreement.

"Hold up, have you been sipping Cosmos with Denial again? You know we have a restraining order against her."

She looks at me sideways. "Whatever. I've worked my rump off for you and it's time to get this thing going."

"What are you talking about? It was a 31-day challenge and it's Day 31. Hello? We're done," I say and lay my head back down. Hmph. What have you been smoking? I think to myself.

"Heard that."

"Wasn't trying to hide it," I say, matching her sarcasm.

"The book isn't going to finish itself," she says in that irritating sing-song voice that people use just to annoy you because they know you know that they know they're right.

I get in one good eye roll and sit down at my computer. I'll thank her later.

No comments:

Post a Comment